2014 Individual Plans
Open Enrollment for 2014 has now ended. Enrollment in 2014 plans is open only to those who experience a qualifying life event and enter a special enrollment period.
What is a special enrollment period?
The Federal government determines when an open enrollment period will take place allowing individuals and families to select a new individual health plan. Once an open enrollment period has ended, only certain qualified individuals may enroll between open enrollment periods based on special changes in their lives (qualifying life event). A qualified individual has 60 days to enroll in a new qualified health plan once the qualifying event has occurred. This is called a "special enrollment period."
What is a qualifying life event?
A “qualifying life event” is a change that takes place in your life that would make you eligible to qualify for a special enrollment period such as:
- Moving to a new area where your current health plan does not provide coverage
- Turning 26 and aging off of your parents’ health plan
- Losing your health coverage due to loss of employment
- Getting married or divorced and needing to add dependents
- Having or adopting children
- A substantial change in income which may qualify you for a subsidy or tax credit on the Health Insurance Marketplace
View a full list of qualifying events and more details.
View our brochure to find out more about our affordable health insurance plans.
Optima Vantage plans are non-referral Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans in which you choose a primary care physician (PCP) who will coordinate your family's healthcare needs. The benefit of an HMO plan without the hassle of referrals. You can depend on your PCP for routine medical assistance and guidance when seeking care within the Optima Health network. Except in the case of emergency care, you must use your benefits with in-network doctors and facilities.
Optima Health offers affordable plans with a wide range of coverage, deductibles and cost-sharing options, as well as prescription drug coverage, preventive services, and Health Savings Account options. These plans are available in the Health Insurance Marketplace, as well as sold directly through Optima Health (Vantage 6350/Catastrophic and Vantage Bronze are only available in the Health Insurance Marketplace).
Learn more about health insurance metallic tiers.
Optima Vantage HMO Products
Vantage plans are good for individuals and families who visit their doctors often.
- Unlimited visits to primary care physician for a set copayment
Vantage FourSight is ideal for individuals and families seeking a balance of cost and coverage.
- Includes 4 visits to a primary care physician or specialist (with copayment) not subject to the deductible
Vantage Equity is perfect for money-minded individuals who want the financial flexibility of a medical plan paired with a Health Savings Account. These plans are a good match for individuals and families who are are comfortable paying more expenses out of pocket.
- Combines lower premiums and higher deductibles
- Includes a free Health Savings Account
Vantage 6350 ("Catastrophic" plan only available on Health Insurance Marketplace)
- "Just in case" coverage for individuals under the age of 30
- Includes 3 visits to a primary care physician for a set copayment
- 100% coverage after high deductible met ($6,350 for individuals/ $12,700 for families)
Health Insurance Plans (not offered on the Health Insurance Marketplace)
Health Insurance Marketplace Plans